Following are excerpts from reviews of the C.A.T.S music theory software, followed by a selection of users comments.
"The software was of a high standard and easy to use with nice, clean movement of notes and symbols around the stave. The topics covered give a pretty thorough grounding of what is required ... the rigour of the tests ensures the student really knows their stuff before moving on.
...this is an excellent way of making what many children find to be a real chore into something most enjoyable."
"The program environment enlivens the learning experience and overall it provides fitness for purpose. Those looking for a more exciting way in which to practise theory knowledge will find both volumes of C.A.T.S a worthwhile investement."
British Journal of Music Education - Cambridge University Press
"It has definite 'mouse appeal' - you just drag and drop notes onto the correct place on the stave and get an instant response, rather than messing about with pencils and manuscript paper in the old-fashioned way!
This [vol.1] would be an ideal CD to buy when preparing for Grade 1 or 2 - highly recommended."
Families South West magazine
"...a software system you can reliably recommend to your students and for value for money it's simply unbeatable. Highly recommended."
"...this programme goes a long way to helping students learn the rudiments of music theory in an independent and interesting way."
Sheet Music Magazine
- My Kids have used CATS at the piano teachers house and they love it!!!!
- I am very impressed and would be grateful if you could send me a large bundle of leaflets to give to all my pupils.
- I can't thank you enough!
- The best thing since sliced bread.
- My daughter, currently preparing for Grade 1, installed and started running the CD by herself - and couldn't be dragged away from it later.
- Thank you for the Cats system. My daughter who is 12 just got her theory ABRSM grade 5. At the same time as preparing for school exams she taught herself all the foreign vocabulary ... Your CD was a tremendous help ... She got 95%.